Breast Cancer Awareness theme song


I was born a woman happy and free
All that beauty god has given to me.
Enjoy this one life I get to live,
Live my dream the way I want it to be
 
I took my life for ganted untill, cancer got a hold of me
Like a clown with no stage sense, making no difference
of who, it seeks.
 
I decide to fight this battle, 
This body's mine to cherish endlessly 
Ill not waste away my feminity
Ill sustain the womanhood in me
 
I dont want to feel the pain of radiation, in the name of therapy, 
No trauma filled mind, no ghastly surgery disfigure a part of me.
 
Tomorrow is waiting with brightness and hope
This life is a blessing and its beauty I behold
Cancer's a cruel enemy, you cant ignore
Early detection's the cure,.. dont wait no more..
 
This world I want to stay in and see, 
No untimely death will cancer bring me
Show what a woman of substance means
Many a goal I need to reach and achieve
 
If its a simple test that i need to take to find that
Its early and easy to treat
Illl spread the word and be the leader in my, community.
 
Bridge or Chorus (sung only once)
Just once in an year, take a mammography
Preventive measures may need no therapy
Ill tell the world that my breasts are with me,
And all it took me is to see the changes in me.

Tomorrow is waiting with brightness and hope
This life is a blessing and its beauty I behold
Cancer's a cruel enemy, you cant ignore
Early detection's the cure, So dont wait no more..
 
...So dont wait no more

Written way back in 2008 for a breast cancer awareness program run by a doctor who sent the theme of early detection and cure. it was very challenging as I had to write the lyrics out from a set of medical terms and still keep the soul of a woman and her feelings alive. but the music composed by Mathew Joy uplifted my lyrics and the final song came out good. this is copyrighted material and so not publishing the song here.